Sunday, November 23, 2014
Willie Evangelista Recipe - Binagoongan Bagnet sa Gata
Binagoongang Bagnet sa Gata or Bagnet sauteed in shrimp paste with coconut milk is almost similar to binagoongang baboy. Bagnet is a popular delicacy in Ilocos made from pork belly deep fried until crispy and blister on skin. Normally the bagnet sauteed in shrimp paste together with tomatoes and chili then add coconut milk for more flavorful and creamy taste.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo bagnet, cut into serving pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons bagoong alamang (pre-sauteed salted shrimp paste)
1 cup coconut cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 pieces tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup water
2 pieces green chili(siling haba), chopped
1 piece bird’s eye chili(siling labuyo), chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
salt and brown sugar to taste
1. In the pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes until soft.
2. Add shrimp paste and 3/4 bagnet then saute for a minute.
3. Pour water and bring to boil. Add chili and ground pepper.
4. Add coconut cream then simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Adjust season according to taste then continue cooking until thickens. Stir occasionally.
6. Transfer to serving plate then top with remaining bagnet. Serve with steamed rice